Videos show that Missouri police officers let their dogs bite a Black man

An assault captured on cellphone video by officers of three white Missouri police departments involved a K-9 dog attacking a Black man.

A video of the arrest of the student has gone viral, causing anger among social media users. The St. Louis County prosecutor’s office is looking into the event, according to ABC News. Wesley Bell, the prosecuting attorney in St. Louis County, said in a statement that his office had been notified of the video and that it would conduct a thorough review of the incident. Further comment about the case was not forthcoming from him.

Authorities in Woodson Terrace, a neighborhood near St. Louis, were alerted to the fact that a man had reportedly violated the terms of his lease by breaking into a local shop.

During rush hour, a man who remains unidentified allegedly tried to run away from officers and into rush-hour traffic and threatened to kill them. Authorities also claimed that he appeared to be a drug addict.

He reportedly resisted arrest, and the officers tried to arrest him. The cops claim they warned him if he refused to comply with their demands, a police dog would be brought in. When he didn’t comply, the dog was deployed. Despite the suspect’s continued resistance, one officer was injured by the dog, so the K-9 was finally able to gain control of the suspect’s foot, the department said in a Facebook post.

In the video recorded by a smartphone, the dog bit the man’s foot as he cried out in pain. During the period of about 30 seconds that the dog was attached to the officer by the leash, the dog proceeded to bite the man.

Following that, the man had the dog pulled off him by the cop. In the course of taking another step, the victim tripped, and the dog bit his leg once more for about 30 seconds before the officer stopped it. A patrol car arrives and handcuffs the man, although he is barely able to walk. According to an official report, an ambulance was dispatched to the scene, but the victim refused treatment. Eventually, the victim was treated by medical personnel at a hospital in the area. There was no charge filed against the unknown man, and he has since been released.

This article was penned by Jonathan P. Wright. Jonathan is a freelance writer for multiple mainstream publications and CVO of RADIOPUSHERS. You can read more of his work by clicking here.  


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *